[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Newbie to the list....

Glenn Crawford gacrwfrd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 08:27:34 PDT 2001

The 2 biggest problems I have is time and money.

I live in New Hampshire, the nearest SCA meeting is an hour away and mostly
mid week.

I can't afford good armor to fight with and period costumes. The closes
thing I have is my kilt that is being made, it is a hand sew kilt warrior
fashion with box pleats made out of ancient Crawford tartan.

The cook part is defiantly fun. We put on a small feast for @20 people time
period 800-1400. We try to stay period but without the info. it was hard.
Then I found you list this summer and signed up for it. Taking links and
recipes, to help me with setting up a feast. my part of the feast is a herb
crusted 1/4 lamb (it is great to raise your own meat and tell the butcher
how you want it cut), roasted rabbit,and a turnip dish.

I am trying to find a good dessert to accompany lamb.

How period is gravy?

Sorry for eating up bandwidth.

Thanks
Glenn