[Sca-cooks] More thoughts on 911

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Sep 14 15:16:45 PDT 2001

All,
I know that a lot has been said about the events of Tuesday, but Phillip
(my lord) found this quotation on the Babylon 5 site...it's a quote from
one of the episodes of Babylon 5, and I find it to be very appropriate
to the present situation:

"It was the end of the Earth year 2260, and the war had paused, suddenly
and unexpectedly. ..
All around us, it was as if the universe were holding its breath,
waiting. All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or
moments .. of revelation.  This had the feeling of both."

"G'Quan wrote: 'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is
the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not
against powers and
principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death
of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril
we can never surrender. The
future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in
moments of revelation.  No one knows the shape of that future, or where
it will take us. We
know only that it is always born in pain.'"

        -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Z'ha'dum"
            (J. Michael Straczynski)

Kiri