[Sca-cooks] re: Threats to SCA people with Middle Eastern Personas

Anne du Bosc mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 07:15:07 PDT 2001

I've seen this on several lists.  It purports to
be posted from Randwulf to the Trimaris list.  He
states that in "my barony" there have been
threats to people with Middle Eastern personas,
and that the threateners got the information from
the Kingdom e-list.
For what it is worth, there is a fairly well
known costumer here in Atenveldt known as
Randwulf.  He is one of the chief officers of the
local costumers guild.  So far as I know, no one
here in Atenveldt has been so threatened.  At
least I have seen no mention of it on the Kingdom
e-list, which has been very active lately
discussing the merits of cancelling or postponing
a Haflah scheduled for the stepping down of a
Baronial pair whose personnas are Middle Eastern.
 For those who are interested, the Haflah was
cancelled by Baronial decree.

I think that perhaps, given the hysteria of the
moment, they made the right decision.  However, I
truly regret the necessity.  My fondest wish
would be to live in a world where passion and
emotion were ruled by reason and humanity.  That
is not the mundane world we live in, though.
And, in these days of high emotion in the mundane
world, that is not the SCA world we inhabit,
either.

=====
Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook