[Sca-cooks] Lemon-nutmeg drink (was: Dayboard...)

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 15:06:40 PDT 2001

Stephanie Drake asked:
>Lemon nutmeg drink??

     It's a SCAdian lemonade-ish beverage. The original recipe calls
for cloves. I've made it for household use in both ginger and nutmeg
flavors. I was going to use ginger for the dayboard, but the FeastCook
is making a ginger sekanjabin, so I went with the nutmeg.
     The original and a bunch of others is in the Florilegium (see,
Stefan, I DO read it <g>)

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Lemon-Nutmeg Syrup

Recipe By:	Adapted from Countess Arastorm's recipe
Serving Size:	60
Preparation Time:	0:45
Categories:	Beverages

Amount	Measure	Ingredient	Preparation Method
3	cups	lemon juice
6	cups	sugar
3	cups	water
4	each	whole nutmeg	crushed

4	gallons	water	see directions
		ice

   Simmer water, sugar & lemon juice for 20 minutes  Add nutmegs and
let cool.
   Store in bottles. Add water (and ice) to serve - 10-12 parts water
to 1 of syrup.
	—————
Bethra
________