[Sca-cooks] Authenticity Police: since we're castigating extremists anywa...

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 15:29:13 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/18/2001 10:50:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com writes:

> At lunch, a gentle approached me and informed me that not only was my
> ani-kit not period, but offensive, and that I should put it in a pouch to
> cover it up so it couldn't be noticed.

At which point, I would have asked him if he preferred I ruin everyone's day
by dying because someone couldn't find my kit, or didn't know it existed, or
just ruin his by being inauthentic while trying to protect my own life.
Some people are so self-centered and unthinking that it honestly never occurs
to them that this is a matter of health and safety.  I'm surprised he doesn't
complain that the hall has visible smoke detectors, pull stations, and fire
extinguishers, not to mention large, lighted "EXIT" signs over every door.

Brangwayna Morgan