[Sca-cooks] Question to the group....

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Wed Sep 19 15:33:03 PDT 2001

>    And anyone who's crazy enough to live where frozen water falls out of
>the sky has just GOT to a wonton short of a Pupu platter. The last time it
>snowed here was in '69, and we all thought it was a coke smuggler kicking
>out cargo. (hey, it was white and made your nose cold . . .)

Yeah, and anyone who lives where hurricanes and tornadoes roam, and
the summers, and most springs and early falls, are appropriate for saunas
without walls, must be similarly nuts. <grin>

(In college, I was walking between two dorms the first snowfall of that
particular winter; I noticed someone standing right outside a door, looking
up, with a stupified expression on his face. Turns out, he was from Houston,
and quite literally had never seen snow before. He *finally* understood what
all those books he'd read were talking about; previously, he sort-of-thought
they were halfway fictionalizing the stuff.)

Hmmm. Isn't there a dessert confection called Snow? A sort-of custard-like
thang?

Alban