[Sca-cooks] Gunthar and Australia

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Thu Sep 20 20:32:03 PDT 2001

Alright,

I've just resubscribed and figured I'd better help the Aussies!

Gunthar, we are friendly, helpful and as we will soon be a new fledging
Kingdom, will need a strong world-wise King to set us on our path in a calm
and efficient manner.

Major crime is still a relative rarity - apathy is the major mindset of the
common Aussie - except when "footy" (in all its codes) and Cricket are
involved.

We have a variety of climates, so choosing one to suit you shouldn't be too
difficult.  I personally reside in Canberra which is two hours from some
lovely sandy beaches and one hour from the snowy mountains.

We do indeed have a high employment capacity for IT professionals, and we
often pay them what they are worth (unlike most professionals except company
CEOs).

Seriously to all folks, we are holding our two first Kingdom events next
year.  The  Tourney is at Rowany Festival (our 5-day camping event).  This
is the main event of the year where SCAdians from all over Australia try to
congregate - kinda like Pennsic in that regard.

The actual invest is being held in Canberra and from what I understand will
be rather spectacular in the decoration and food department.

Please all who are considering an overseas holiday next April or July -
please consider coming and helping us celebrate !!!

Regards
Meliora.

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information
that is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee named
above.  It may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient do
not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy or take any action in
reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete this message.  Before opening any
attachments, check them for viruses or defects.