[Sca-cooks] Question to the group...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Sep 20 23:12:00 PDT 2001

Alban asked:
> Yeah, and anyone who lives where hurricanes and tornadoes roam, and
> the summers, and most springs and early falls, are appropriate for saunas
> without walls, must be similarly nuts. <grin>

None of that applies to Austin (Barony of Bryn Gwlad). The summers aren't
saunas, just hot. And Gunthar, there is a sizable electronics industry
down here, sometimes called the Silicon Hills. Warmer than Dallas in
the winter and cooler in the Summer.

> Hmmm. Isn't there a dessert confection called Snow? A sort-of custard-like
> thang?

Fluffier than custard. More like whipped cream. Would have been even
better if I hadn't gotten egg yolk stuff into the egg whites when I
was trying to whip them. The recipe is in the Florilegium. In the
wafers-msg file, I think. Maybe elsewhere.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net