[Sca-cooks] snow

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Fri Sep 21 06:27:57 PDT 2001

I noticed someone standing right outside a
> door, looking
> up, with a stupified expression on his face. Turns out, he
> was from Houston,
> and quite literally had never seen snow before. He *finally*
> understood what
> all those books he'd read were talking about; previously, he
> sort-of-thought
> they were halfway fictionalizing the stuff.)

You laugh but when we had a freak snow storm last December we all went nuts.
An inch and a half of snow on my front lawn and my husband rolled with
laughter when I insisted on making snow angels at midnight. They are really
dramatic here since the "angel" part is grass surrounded by snow, dark
against light.

He grew up in Iowa, and had to show me how to make a snowman, since I'd seen
the Charlie Brown specials and was trying to roll it like a jelly roll. But
we made a great big one, almost three feet tall!

> Hmmm. Isn't there a dessert confection called Snow? A sort-of
> custard-like
> thang?

Stefan's description of it sounded almost like a meringue

Lann, happy in her sauna (we had a low of 69 this morning! Whee! Fall is
here. Toss me a blanket!)