[Sca-cooks] Bidding for Gunthar

Anne du Bosc mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 00:18:45 PDT 2001

Okay, okay, all those lovely geographical
features are nice, but who else has The Grand
Canyon?  Not to mention the Mogollon Rim, snow on
Humphrey Peak in the San Francisco mountains in
July?  Maricopa County, (the home of the Baronies
of Atenveldt, SunDragon, and Twin Moons) is
larger than the state of New Hampshire.  If you
want a high population metropolis, we can offer
Greater Phoenix with a population nearing 4
milion.  If you want wide open spaces, the
population of the whole state is just over 4
million.  As you can see, that leaves a LOT of
state totally unpopulated.  We've got Meteor
Crater, Lowell Observatory and who else but
Atenveldt has BiosphereII?  Tombstone? Arcosanti
and Taliesen West? You want beautiful
architecture?  We named a boulevard for Frank
Lloyd Wright.  We have Boyce Thompson Arboretum,
and we're the only place in the US where the
Boojum tree grows.
We have an incipient Shire on the Navajo Rez in
the four corners area.  (Archers, don't you
know?)
We have Indian Fry Bread, and Roasted Chiles, and
cooks needing a guiding hand to form a guild.
We have the Beautiful Valley of the Sun, and we
have the Beautiful Selene.

=====
Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook