[Sca-cooks] Montana vs. Texas

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Sep 23 02:56:27 PDT 2001

Sharron Albert wrote:

> >Stefan bragged:
> >Texas. Of course, if I head southeast I might be slightly into the Gulf of
> >Mexico.<<

> >        FIVE??  only Five hours?  Here in Montana  I need at least SIX HOURS
> >to get close to the border in ANY direction!
> >
> >    Caointiarn  (smack dab in the middle of the state)

> Now, now. Let's put this in perspective. Here in the Heart of Oertha, it's
> a 7-hour drive to the next group (that Fairbanks to Anchorage, Alaska), and
> that comes nowhere close to traversing the principality. And there are
> those of us who make the trip regularly (on clear days you can see Denali,
> the tallest mountain in the US). I think we might win the braggin' about
> size debate in the US.
>
> Morgana, Baroness Winter's Gate

Ok, let's see. Just north of the West/ An Tir border is teh Shire of
Glyn Dwfn. If you go about an hour east, there's Southmarch. If you head
north you'll go through two, no three shires, and after 3 hours, 180
miles, and five mountain passes, and a lot of Red Bull you'll arrive in
teh Barony of Adiantum. Another two hours, a canton, a Barony, and two
more shires and you'll pull into the Barony of Three Mountains. (add it
up- 5 hours and 300 miles between James and I. Poop.). And you are
nowhere near the geographical center.