[Sca-cooks] Fried Pies OT recipe

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Mon Sep 24 09:30:07 PDT 2001

>>I'd rather eat one of those than deep-fried Mars bars,
>>which seem to have acquired lots of fans in Great Britain. . .
>(ohpleaseohpleaseohpleasedon'tletmebetheonlyonewhoisshuddering) as she
>asks....????whattheheckareyoutalkingabout???????

A Mars bar is a candy bar in the US: chocolate on the outside, and caramel
and something vaguely related to nougat (I think) on the inside, and other
stuff. Deep-fried, as in, take the wrapper off and throw it into hot fat, the
way you'd cook fried chicken except there's no covering and it's a chocolate
bar not a dead bird.

I think. Mind you, I've never actually seen such a thing, and have no desire
to ever have one, but I hear there are a few places in the UK where you can
get one made up for you.

Weird customs, those furriners. . .

Alban