[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts, candy making supplies.

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Mon Sep 24 11:32:14 PDT 2001

On the debate over cookie sheets vs. oilcloth-covered wooden boards
vs. marble slabs:
You know, I'd always thought that marble slabs were preferred for
candy making - something to do with the fact that they don't heat up
as quickly as the cookie sheets (important if you don't want just-off-the-
flame chocolates to stay hot too long) (i.e.: hot chocolates won't heat
a slab nearly as fast as they do your normal cookie sheet); and they won't
warp as wood or cookie sheet do; they're somewhat easier to clean;
and chocolates that stick are easier to take off marble.

Or so I'd think. Am I wrong in my presuppositions?

(Errrr, provided you've got a good source for marble slabs, and the
money, and the room, of course. <grin>)

Alban