[Sca-cooks] Regretable foods.... OOP

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Mon Sep 24 19:09:29 PDT 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:30:29 -0700 "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org>
writes:

>Not a dish- the feast. In a certain Barony Farther North which I will
>not name where a 12th Night feast was presented that had raisins in
>EVERY DISH.

     Thank you!  You reminded me of an event that I cooked as one of
three cooks.

      Each course had a dish with raisins in it, and this was too much
for Sir Alfred.  It was *indeed* so much, that he composed a song about
it, and proceeded to sing it more than once--which may have been fitting,
as there was more than one dish (but no more than three!) involved in the
raisin offense.

    Well, Angharad plotted.  You know, it's a *bad* idea to cross a cook.
  Sir Alfred was fond of cheese and mushrooms, but not raisins. She made
a tart in ember-day based on Ancient Cookery and Forme of Cury; and she
added mushrooms to the pie served to his table.   Apparently it put him
in enough of a quandry that that song was not heard again!

   Elizabeth