[Sca-cooks] What food would you bring....?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:13:11 PDT 2001

Hi all.  I had to report to jury duty today so I packed a little lunch and
some stuff to share.  Here is a snap shot of my little adventure.

Well, I didn't really want to get picked to serve on any jury so I wore a
T-tunic dress and my bebers.  I figured I was well dressed.  Going through
the mandatory bag search turned up nothing even though I have a
multi-purpose tool with a sharp cutting edge on my key chain and a four inch
kitchen knife (that I actually didn't know about) in the bottom of my back
pack.  WELL...*I* felt secure!

I brought along a picnic of pre sliced spiced beef, pickled beets, tea eggs,
half of a tart for an ember day, some candied peel, and of course peach
pits.  I also brought plastic ware so I could share.  Well, the tea eggs
aren't documentable period but everything else was.  Let's just say ~
everyone wanted to be at my table...

We never did get called into any court and we were let go an hour early but
everyone had a good time.  Funny though, I was the only one in garb!

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Bright Hills Cooks Guild