[Sca-cooks] Them Peanutses

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Sat Sep 1 14:21:00 PDT 2001

johnna holloway schrieb:

> Are these being made with by any chance raw peanuts?
> (Why use roasted in the shell peanuts if you are going
> to shell and boil them?)

I am not sure (no information on the part of the
authors), but would assume not. The book I got
this from was written for the general interest
market, which means it is aimed at hobbyists.
These people (me, too) would go out and buy
'peanuts' - and those you get then are roasted and
ready-to-eat AFAIK. As to the original intent - I
don't know. How well do raw peanuts travel?

I will try next week and let you know the results

Giano