[Sca-cooks] New Cheese

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Sep 1 18:33:05 PDT 2001

Depending on how you made the cheese in the first place (i.e., with
something acid-based, or with rennet), you could make gjetost or mjetost
(sp?) with your whey.  Or, if your whey is really fresh, you can make
ricotta cheese from it.
I think you can also put the whey in soups, but I'd do it in something
where the color doesn't make too much of a difference--the last time I
paid attention to the color of the whey after I made cheese, it was the
_nastiest_ pale yellowy-green color.
--Maire