[Sca-cooks] peppercorns and black salt

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Sun Sep 2 09:10:07 PDT 2001

Stefan,

As you mention, pink peppercorn is no pepper.  That said, it's pretty good,
IMHO.  I admit to have never usen it brined.

I find the flavour of pink a little more delicate, tend to use it with
poulty and fishes.  Light cream sauces.

Green peppercorn goes well with meats.  Venison and hare are two I like to
use green peppercorn with.

I usualy just take out of jar, drain, and then use whole or chopped.

THe "black" salt I've seen and used before was simply sea salt where all
impurities hadn't been removed.  May not be the same.

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout