[Sca-cooks] cherry wine/cider

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Sun Sep 2 17:15:19 PDT 2001

Digby (1669) has a couple of cherry wine recipes.  I can post the
Countess of Newport's Cherry wine in about 8hrs time (when I get home
from work).  It was fermented cherry juice with a sugar cube dropped
into each bottle and the corks wired down.

Drakey...who brews better than he cooks...

ps.  Before anyone mentions it...  Yes I know Digby is post-period but
the recipes were printed in 1669 after his death and who knows how old
some of the recipes he collected are...

""Kiafa swedish liquor...Chirhart