[Sca-cooks] A cooking tale - LOOOOONG

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Sun Sep 2 18:01:44 PDT 2001

Chimene,

Just our name for a standard round-topped loaf.

They come in all wheat types. As I haven't yet trained the eaters (and
organisers) to do anything other than white bread as yet (and some of these
people reenact lower-middle class too!!), I haven't pushed on that angle as
yet. I'm trying to get it in as an option, and one day, may convert the
masses.

I'm thinking of writing an article on breads. I've just got a new book (Food
and Feast in Tudor England, Sim) that has a bit more referenced info, so I
may just put finger to keyboard and get on with it.

Thanks for the congrats,

Glenda.