[Sca-cooks] Re: pie crusts

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Sep 3 21:39:32 PDT 2001

I have a recipe for a pie crust that contains baking powder, and I
believe she came from the Boston environs (grandma remembered her
lamenting that her children didn't have a proper bostonian accent, or
some such).  Of course, that doesn't mean that the crust recipe came
from Boston...my other great-grand from dad's side of the family was
from one of the  Carolinas, so who knows????
--maire, intrigued by the idea that it might be regional