[Sca-cooks] cherry wine/cider

Tue Sep 4 06:37:42 PDT 2001

It is a manuscript cookbook of the Custis family.  Martha Dandridge married
into the Custis family and was given the cookbook.  The widowed Martha
Dandridge Custis later married George Washington, hence the Martha
Washington title.

IIRC, the earliest datable recipe in the collection is from around 1540 and
is identifiable because it is a copy from another source.

Bear