Royal whims (was: [Sca-cooks] RE: Butter and Brie and Yams, Oh my!)

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Sep 4 07:52:59 PDT 2001

hey all from Anne-Marie

I'm a self proclaimed authenticity nut, but I'll be the first one to point
out that there's nothing in the SCA "rules" that says anthing about doing
period food. Only that someone needs to "make an attempt" at pre-1700
clothing.

Choclate is perfectly period, for SOMEWHERE and SOMETIME (even if its 20th
century Hershey Pennsylvania!). For me, its not appropriate (1466 Brugge).

--AM, who fully realizes that her hyper period stuffy authenticity leanings
are less in line with the SCA than that guy in the poly cotton T tunic
eating KFC and fighting in the tournament....