Royal whims (was: [Sca-cooks] RE: Butter and Brie and Yams, Oh my!)

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Tue Sep 4 07:44:51 PDT 2001

Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> [2001.08.30] wrote:
> specialty?  (and yes, chocolate has been declared "OK" by the Crown.

<rant type="autheticity">
I'm going to scream, but not at anyone present, unless said crown
happens to be on the list; WTF does anyone do things like declare
chocolate or pepsi period? It is the same as if, the king being a Linux
fanatic, he declaired that computers running Linux were period. Or
Teva sandals, sunglasses or Goth music. It's not period, and can not be
make period by any means short of time-travel and messing with history.
</rant>

Or redefining "period" to "what we do in the SCA", which makes the SCA
pretty much null and void, IMNSHO.

/UlfR

--
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
[IP datagrams via email] It's been done. Some lunatic at SICS wanted to