[Sca-cooks] Responsibilities

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Sep 4 14:21:01 PDT 2001

> statement rather than the entire thread of discussion. Overall, though,
> it's a wonderful and honorable thing to be able to meet your SCAdian
> responsibilites, any of them that you acknowledge, and failing to meet
> those responsibilities is certainly bad, but if you neglect your
> real-world responsibilities to uphold your SCAdian ones, that's worse.
> "Living the dream" is supposed to enhance real life, not replace it.

I don't understand how people can use statements about the SCA vs. 'real
life'. It sounds to as if they are saying that everything outside the SCA
in people's lives is more important than committments made in the SCA. The
distinction between 'sca life' and 'real life' is about as useful as a
distinction between 'church life' and 'real life'.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa