Queso Blanco.. Re: [Sca-cooks] New Cheese

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Sep 4 16:31:27 PDT 2001

> Jadwiga is already the home-made salsa queen.  This could elevate her to
> new nacho heights.  By the way, Jadwiga, have you tried buying un-cooked
> tortillas and cutting and frying them yourself?  Craig and I found a
> Giant grocery store in a predominantly Hispanic area that sells them.

Hm... I've never tried deep-frying them. When I went through my taco stage
(before I joined the SCA, I had time to do things like can tomatoes. I
also had the stomach to eat tomato-based food 7 days a week)... anyway, I
used to use a little canola or soy oil in a well seasoned cast iron frypan
and cook the tortillas until they were slightly puffy, before wrapping
them around gooey taco filling. But I don't think that's what Stefan
means. I'll have to try home cooked tortillas with the salsa.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa