[Sca-cooks] Re: pie crusts

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 4 19:00:30 PDT 2001

What would happen if you went with smaller (pullet size)
eggs and added some ice water to make a dough? the lack of
any fat is what probably makes it taste "barely edible"?
The original German indicates this is a "tortenteig"
and not a "pasteten", so perhaps it's not supposed to taste
like a pastry crust?
Johnnae llyn Lewis
Johnna Holloway

SNIPPED