[Sca-cooks] Kvas

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Sep 5 08:17:37 PDT 2001

I first encountereed kvas in Russia many years ago, and really liked it...I much
preferred it to beer (ok, you beer mavens, please don't start throwing things at
me...I bruise easily!!).

At any rate, last year, shortly before Pennsic, I experimented with making
some...don't have the recipe anymore as it got lost along with all the rest of
my mail files when I lost my job...but IIRC it was very similar to what you
describe here.  It wasn't bad...actually fairly close to what I remember.

Don't know if this helps, but hopefully it does!

Kiri