[Sca-cooks] Tongue

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 09:54:33 PDT 2001

From: "Daniel Phelps" <phelpsd at gate.net>
>The problem with tongue is a matter of perception, ...modern perception.
>What I would suggest is that you cook one and see if people will taste it.
>I would, ...but sad to say I'll bet many based on modern food bias will not.

Actually, i'm not concerned about that. Folks here in the West
Kingdom are used to period feasts and foods they don't necessarily
eat regularly. And i plan to have it sliced and maybe sauced before
it goes to the tables, so it will look less like a tongue :-)

Things that people apparently won't eat in other places are not a
problem here, such as fish and eel - actually lots of folks eat eel
here, as Japanese restaurants are popular - and San Francisco is
famous for various fish dishes, such as cioppino, kind of an Italian
bouillabaise - heck, folks consume mass quantities of raw fish in
sushi. In fact, folks were gravely disappointed last year when there
was a feast of non-period food.

Believe me, the food that gets left behind is the grain. Everything
else is devoured or taken home.

Anahita / Subyatila