[Sca-cooks] Sharks and sushi

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 09:50:54 PDT 2001

Kiri wrote:

> I don't suppose you can give me a source for these makie?  If so, I can
> then at least see an illustration of what this type of sushi looked like.

I've got one.  It's a wooden box with a removable top and bottom that are
fitted to the interior area of the box, with handles.  Here are pictures, you
could buy them but how hard could these be to make?
http://www.quickspice.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/scstore/sushipresser.shtml?E+scstore

The finished product looks like nice petits-fours, only made of rice and fish
pressed in layers, of course.  Here's a picture and description:
http://www.rit.edu/~wri8858/741/project2/oshizushi.html
Another picture, plus other foods typical of Osaka [including my beloved
Kitsune Udon]
http://www.osakafu.org/travel/foods.html

Bon Appetit, or however you say that in Japanese.  [Allez Cuisine!]

Selene, Caid