[Sca-cooks] OT, Tornado in Ansteorra

Nelson Beth grdygirl at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 12:51:28 PDT 2001

Hi,

I just got this off one of my other lists.  Do you
guys down there know anything about this?

Orlaith <--wondering how to ship normal largesse givt
of bottles of sekanjabin

Greetings unto the noble populace of the Known World
Apprentice List come greetings from Lady Rixende de
Rouen, writing this day as Privy Secretary to Their
Royal Majesties Ansteorra, and one of your own ranks
as an apprentice, and member of this list.

Yesterday afternoon, Their Royal Majesties Duncan and
Larissa's home was hit by a tornado. Everyone is okay,
and thankfully very little of Their belongings were
damaged. However the house itself sustained
approximately $65k of damage. While Their Majesties
are insured, They have a high deductible on this
insurance.

Photos of the damage can be seen at: (yes, this is
Their house)

http://www.msnbc.com/local/KXAS/NBCIG81LZQC.asp
<http://www.msnbc.com/local/KXAS/NBCIG81LZQC.asp>
http://www.dallasnews.com/metro/stories/463613_tornadoes_06me.html
<http://www.dallasnews.com/metro/stories/463613_tornadoes_06me.html>

http://nbc5i.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=FutureTens
e/Apps/Xcelerate/View
<http://nbc5i.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=FutureTen
se/Apps/Xcelerate/View&c=NBCArticle&cid=NBCIG81LZQC&p=NBC7LJZRB8C&live=true>
&c=NBCArticle&cid=NBCIG81LZQC&p=NBC7LJZRB8C&live=true

Last night there was a major clean-up effort by most
of the entourage and household and nearby friends. The
only things lost were outside on the patio.  Duncan's
bbq grill has gone to bbq heaven.  We have to remove
the patio roof to see if anything else was lost.
Everything in the house is intact, the wind blew
through and knocked things off the wall, but amazingly
nothing damaged inside. We managed to get everything
out of the upstairs room which sustained the heaviest
damage, mainly to the roof and structure.

At this time, there are two things that I would ask
  First, donations
are being accepted to help offset the deductable from
Their insurance.

If you wish to donate, make checks out to Patricia
Kvamme and mail to:
RJ and Patricia Kvamme
c/o Annette Brauer
1133 Southwood CT
Lewisville, TX 75067

Second, we all know that being Crown is expensive
without having half the roof blow off your house.
  If you can provide something that
can be given out as largesse to deserving people,
please send it to me. Anything we can do that prevents
them from spending extra money right now is greatly
appreciated. They are not aware that I am doing this,
and I would love to show up and surpirse them with a
big box of goodies that say,

  Please send anything directly to me at:
Lady Rixende de Rouen
c/o Jhan Knebel
2017 Chattanooga Dr
Bedford, TX 76022

Thank you for listening to me, and if you have any
questions I can be reached always at 817-797-1988.

In Service to Their Royal Majesties and Ansteorra,

Rixende