[Sca-cooks] [OT] New Zealand chocolate

Jennifer Whitbeck jbwhitbeck at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 14:32:17 PDT 2001

--- Phil Anderson <urizen at clear.net.nz> wrote:
> I'm not sure which brands are actually _made_ here.
> The main
> brands are Cadburys and Nestle, which aren't exactly
> local...
>
> I'm certainly less than impressed with the US
> chocolate I've tried, but
> I don't know if that's because it's lower quality or
> just that I prefer
> what I'm used to (mainly Cadburys).

I know in the US I prefer Cadbury's to all other
brands, but maybe Cadbury has factories in NZ and
source local materials. It would probably make a
difference.

Also, I don't know if it was my imagination, but I
could have sworn Cadbury creme eggs tasted a little
different in Canada than they did in the US.

  - Jennifer (a hopeful Cadbury Creme Egg connoisseur)