[Sca-cooks] Period food myths

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Thu Sep 6 15:47:51 PDT 2001

Was written:

I've got about eight
>things on the list: corn, potatoes, bananas, baking soda, turkey,
bratwurst,
>squash, and honey butter. I had thought of including white beans and French
>toast (pain perdu), but if anyone can come up with something better, that
>would be great.

Just a few suggestions in no particular order:

Tomato, melons (watermelon, Persian etc), allspice, various citrus fruit
(sweet oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes, etc.), coconut, peanuts, sweet
potatoes and/or yams (yes I know that they are two different tubers but many
don't), various nuts (ie. walnuts, filberts etc.) various berries,
(blueberry, raspberry etc.), types of booze (rum, flavored cordials etc.)
chocolate in its various avatars, various variations on cabbage (b***
sprouts, c***flower etc.), okra, orange carrots,  and beef jerky!!!

Daniel Raoul, who is now hungry and will stuff someting in his cake hole
very soon.