[Sca-cooks] [OT] New Zealand chocolate

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Thu Sep 6 17:51:15 PDT 2001

Mel,

You forgot wines!

"The Brokenwood 1999 Rayner Vineyard Shiraz is made in the Hunter Valley
using South Australian McLaren Vale grapes, and retails for about $50[AUS] a
bottle.

It has taken out the trophy for Best Red Wine in the World at the
International Wine Challenge in London..." from the Daily Telegraph 6th
September, 2001.

This is the second year in a row that an Australian Shiraz has won the
award.

AND they're cheap too. For you overseas people, we can buy a really good
bottle of Australian wine for less than AUS$20 (US$10ish). Even our cask
wine is drinkable, at $14ish/4L, though I prefer to water it, as is the
Roman way.

Glenda.