[Sca-cooks] Apprentices and skunks

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Fri Sep 7 07:02:40 PDT 2001

Adamantius spake:

The moral of my story is that some people would consider this a short
track, others a long time, still others just about right, and what I say
is that it was how long it took _for me_, and further that I became
apprenticed to Master Geoffrey because of who he is and what I felt I
could learn from him, and not to receive a wreathy thing from the Crown
in a particular time frame. I would like to think (and do think) that my
own apprentice holds similar views.

Yes, it _might_ be harder to get your laurel without being an
apprentice. It might be easier, and it might have no bearing at all.
There are just too many variables.
Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

To which I dutifully respond; Well, yeah, kinda.  To sum it all up yet again
I find it germain to misquote who I know not, "I  question the desirability
of membership in an organization that would have someone like me as a
member."

makes sense to me and the Big Yellow Dogs, the rest of you are on yer own,
Puck

p.s.  The Little Yellow Dog, stoopid though she be this soon out of
puppyhood, and Son of Puck's purebred miniature ragmop just nailed a skunk
in the gardens at Puck's Glen.  While the Cute Little Red Haired Girl finds
this eminently distasteful, I am rather happy that the training has taken
hold.  They think they were protecting us, and in particular young Maggie,
from an intruder.  After intense distribution of smackerels and much praise
from yers truly accomanied by much cursing, wailing and gnashing of teeth by
She Who Must Be Obeyed, I wondered as the pups were carted off to the bath
with gallons of vinegar in tow....are there period recipes for dead skunk?
Dog smackerels?  Cute Little Red Haired Girl?  )nevermind, got that one
covered already...)

regards, Puck