[Sca-cooks] Period food myths

Dunbar, Debra debra.dunbar at aspenpubl.com
Fri Sep 7 09:58:37 PDT 2001

legacy/heritage veggies -
I too would love to find a place where I could get seeds to grow these.  My
gardener friends warn me that it's difficult to grow older varieties because
modern hybridization and pesticide application have made strains of nasties
that are particularly tough on these legacy varieties.  I don't know how
true this is though, since my heritage roses do SO much better with pests
and rot then the horrible modern hybrid teas.
Wrynne