[Sca-cooks] Evil Bookshop vortex OOP

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:00:26 PDT 2001

>Ooh, have I got an online evil vortex for you http://www.cookbkjj.com/

OOoh Selene! that was simply cruel! - Now've I got another Vortex to deal
with :-p

>You can get away with using Golden Syrup.

Good - I'll try that (I was going to get all the ingredients today and have
a try of the recipe tonight but the weathers turned murky & I'm told that
*isn't* optimum gingerbread weather :-( )

>The way I learned "stained glass windows" was to cut out windows in >the
>gingerbread dough and fill the hole with crunched-up hard candy in >the
>desired color. Do this on top of aluminum foil so the whole thing >does not
>bond permanently to your baking pan. :-( Is this what they >have, or do
>they describe a nifty new method?

No same method (crunched up lifesaver candies) and they're very Firm about
Using aluminum foil under it (good thing too or I'd have just merrily
whapped into to a cookie tray :-)

Hugs

Mari