[Sca-cooks] peach pit molds, period utensils

Angelfire angelfire2 at dingoblue.net.au
Sun Sep 9 03:07:28 PDT 2001

forgive my two cents worth, but perhaps a peg jug

I have seen them and they look interesting, according to the documentation that
accompanied them, they were used in monasteries to assist in the allocation of the
daily allowance of spirit's (cider ect)

pigs circled down the jug t even intervals, the peg was pulled and the liquid
decanted into the individual pots, thus giving each an equal measure, apparently
also covers the phrase "bringing someone down a peg"

I know personally I would love a couple of them

Angelfire