[Sca-cooks] The passing of a cook

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 10 05:55:58 PDT 2001

Michael Newton wrote:
> Admantius,
> Isn't one either venerable or ancient?

They're not synonymous, if that's what you mean. Nor are they
antonymous. One can be both, either, or neither. Or, like Jesse Helms,
all or none of the above, depending on who you talk to.

>   Also Justin showed on one show that
> his measurements were very close to accurate. He knew how many glugs of the
> bottle were needed to reach the right amount, or how high the pillar of salt
> needed to be in his hand.
> Justin was very good at what he did.

True. However, frequently what he was doing was getting the humorous
effect of obvious mismeasurement in cases where it didn't make a
difference, as with the number of glugs of wine. I can't and don't
believe he was accurate all the time when he did that, or else there
would be no point. I'll happily concede, though, that he could be
accurate when he wanted to be.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy