[Sca-cooks] OT: Alternate marrages (was Six and counting)

Philip Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 10 08:16:04 PDT 2001

Tara <tsersen at nni.com> writes:
>- it's a "Quaker" style wedding.  A legal officiant has to be present,
>but doesn't do anything except sign the papers afterward.  Problem was,

actually not... just two witnesses.  Diana and I did it that way...
I wrote the vows, we got to *look* at our guests during the cerimony
and everything... ;)

We did adopt the community testimony*[1]  part of the quaker
cerimony... and it's since been utalized by at least one other
couple... in a catholic wedding no less!

be safe,
flip

*[1]  People in the congregation are given the opertunity to speak on
      behalf of the couple.... about their friendship, advice, or
      whatever.