[Sca-cooks] The passing of a cook

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 10 14:46:13 PDT 2001

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:

> Please don't castrate me or anything, but Justin Wilson sounds a lot like
> Emeril Lagasse (sp?).

Based on my description, I suppose it's an easy thing to think. Except
Wilson didn't really do anything but Amurrican food, certainly not Asian
or even very European stuff, whereas Lagasse does these things, using
his Cajun background (somewhat more tenuous than Wilson's) as an
influence on these cuisines. You didn't catch Wilson doing Cajun bulgogi.

As has been said, his humor was the real thing, based on years of
knowing (and perhaps even being) disreputable, but fun, people. He was
probably in his late 50's or so when he started doing television. (I'm
just guessing on that, though.)

If you were to remove the food content from Wilson's broadcasts, and
from Emeril's, Wilson's would still have some entertainment value.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com