[Sca-cooks] Queston on Basic utensils

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Sep 11 05:26:16 PDT 2001

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> I've found that the nicer ones go dull at about the same rate as the cheap
> 2 for a dollar ones and one feels much less remorse about simply tossing
> the cheap ones.

I have finally found an exception to this.  I purchased a couple of the OXO
peelers several years ago and, despite constant use both here at home and at
events, they remain as sharp as they were when I purchased them...not to mention
the fact that the handles make it so that you can peel many, many carrots and
not hurt your hands!

Kiri