[Sca-cooks] Are you all OK?

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Tue Sep 11 13:11:59 PDT 2001

I've been hearing absolutely heart-rending reports of magnaminity and
graciousness, stories about people helping each other and practically
giving away the shirts on their backs.  I'm sure that if someone is
stranded in a wheelchair at the top of the stairs, *someone* would have
the heart to carry them down.  It may be slow and frustrating, but
people are helping each other.  NYC has such a hard-nosed reputation,
it's amazing to see the outpouring of humanity.  It's so sad, though,
that it takes a situation like this to make people show off their good
sides.

-Magdalena