[Sca-cooks] Is everyone OK?

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Tue Sep 11 08:35:08 PDT 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:17:04 -0700 (PDT) Laurie Hupman <roswtr at yahoo.com>
writes:

>I guess what's really bugging me now is that I can't
>get there to help pick up the pieces.  I feel
>powerless.

     We all feel powerless--but you have provided a wonderful service by
relating a story with hope!  By letting us know that your family is safe
and accounted for, you have put another human face to the tragedy (as
Maire said).  You have provided a link for the rest of us to the good in
the world, and that is no small service.

     We feel powerless, but we are not--now we have cause to turn again
to God, Jahweh, Allah, (or Common Human Decency) and say thank you.
People we care about are safe, helped by other people we care about.
Evil exists in this world, but Good exists as well, and will triumph in
the end.

    Elizabeth