[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Newbie to the list....

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Sep 12 13:05:14 PDT 2001

Very easy.  It takes a minimum of 5 people to start a new branch.  You have to
then decide whether you want to go it alone...be an independent Shire...or be
part of a larger group...Canton/College/Fort/etc. to a larger Barony.  If you
do the former, you then contact your Kingdom Seneschal (look for contact
information on your Kingdom's web page) and tell them what you want to do.  If
the latter, contact the Barony's seneschal with the same information.  You will
also have to come up with a group name and arms, and submit them to your
Kingdom or Barony's herald.  Once that has happened, the Kingdom Seneschal will
notify the Corporate office of your intent, and your group will be registered
as "incipient".  I'm not sure how long this status is in effect, but you will
need to be sponsored by a group whenever you want to have an event while in
this status.

If there is anything further I can tell you, let me know.  I wish you luck!!

Kiri