[Sca-cooks] Rest of the World-It could have been them (was Horrified)

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 13 04:06:28 PDT 2001

>On a slightly guilty note:  How many of you thought of "Godzilla" when you
>saw the footage of people running away from the collapsing tower for the
>20th time?  The whole thing keeps seeming like an action feature like
>Independence Day, Godzilla, or King Kong.  The Twin Towers got hit in all of
>those, I have this little black humor monger at the back of my mind that
>keeps saying that Tokyo and Big Ben have to come next.

Actually, a big topic of discussion between my kid and myself has
been whether the upcoming Spider-Man movie will be pulled or heavily
edited. The trailer, still probably available online, features the
WTC being used as the framework for a gigantic web which, in turn,
traps a fugitive aircraft. Now, if I were in charge of Sony Pictures,
I'd probably go ahead and release it with some kind of reverent,
apologetic disclaimer, possibly dedicating the film to the victims of
the tragedy, but it occurred to me that there might be some who
couldn't even look at this without trauma of some kind.

But yes, I thought of Godzilla. What makes me really guilty is that I
immediately thought that what we needed was The Big Guy and Rusty,
the Boy Robot.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy