[Sca-cooks] Elizabeth....reports

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Wed Sep 12 04:15:33 PDT 2001

    Thank you!!!!  I have *severely* Viking cohorts looking down their
noses at me for using Ann Hagan's books.  But I am approaching this
cooking after 16 years of later period cooking, and my thought is if I'm
going to be wrong, I'd rather be off by 200-300 years than take
traditional Scandinavian recipes and be wrong by 500-600 years.

     We're not even doing Scandinavian Vikings, but settlers on the isle
of Man.   My biggest problem right now is trying to decide if those
people would have had access to the spices available in Anglo-Saxon
England;  but that's more an economics question.

      Elizabeth

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:22:38 +0100 "Hrolf Douglasson"
<Hrolf at btinternet.com> writes:
>  There was a trace of beef
>done with barley (?pearl) veg and beer.  The veg included carrots and
onion >and garlic. I was cooking the same meal for a show.