[Sca-cooks] Elizabeth....reports

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Sep 13 21:19:23 PDT 2001

Elizabeth said:
>      We're not even doing Scandinavian Vikings, but settlers on the isle
> of Man.   My biggest problem right now is trying to decide if those
> people would have had access to the spices available in Anglo-Saxon
> England;  but that's more an economics question.

I don't know if you've looked at this file or not, but perhaps it might
help. There's not that much out there on the Isle of Man and unfortunately
this file is not real big either. This is in the CULTURES section:
Manx-msg          (10K)  3/ 5/99    The Isle of Man. Manx personas. references.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Manx-msg.html

If someone would like to write me an article on this place, or provide
a bibliography or even more commentary, I'd love to add it to the
Florilegium.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net