[Sca-cooks] Elizabeth....reportsagain

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 13 07:46:51 PDT 2001

>>      We're not even doing Scandinavian Vikings, but settlers on the isle
> of Man.   My biggest problem right now is trying to decide if those
> people would have had access to the spices available in Anglo-Saxon
> England;  but that's more an economics question.

Due to the trade routes through Mann to Dublin you are more likely to have
MORE access to the spices rather than less. Dublin traded heavily with the
middle east and Mann traded with dublin. They were both settled by
Norwegian rather than Danish settlers.
e-mail me privately and I'll give you the low down.
|When I spoke to Ann Hagan last she was using some of the viking/saxon cross
type research so her books are valid.
Living in the UK has its advatages.
hrolf at btinternet.com
vara