[Sca-cooks] FW: TRIBUTE TO AMERICA

Cheriti Watts cassea at teleport.com
Thu Sep 13 22:29:48 PDT 2001

Nanna,

A big thank you to you and all of your country, for everything you are doing
now and have done in the past.
The American public does not always hear when other countries offer/send
help like rescue squads, but you can bet we appreciate it. I only wish that
we had been able to instantly transport all of the rescue squads ready and
willing to go there when they were needed the most.

(It is hard being out on the opposite coast knowing we have search and
rescue dogs/teams and medical personnel to spare, but no fast way to get
them there. I think driving from Oregon to New York would be over 3 days
constant driving. And well, help from across the Atlantic can't exactly be
driven....)

But I'm tired and starting to babble, so back to my point.  We do not always
hear when other countries offer help in our times of need.  Apparently, the
media does not report it or sticks it in as a footnote.  But you can
guarantee they will cover the criticisms and negatives.  I, for one, am very
grateful to hear how much concern is being shown by our friends across the
world. It is a bright spot amidst all of the darkness we are being bombarded
with constantly.

Thank you.

-Cynwise